This is a summary of the key points about eligibility. Full rules of entering as well as terms & conditions can be found in our downloads.
1. The work has aired, launched or been released to the public for the first time between 1 July 2016 and 31 August 2017. (If a campaign exceeds this period, a minimum of two-thirds must fall within this window.)
2. The work has been created within the context of a normal paying contract with a client OR if it’s a case of self-promotion or a non-profit organisation, the client must have approved all of the media/production/implementation.
3. You have permission to enter this work from the commissioning client/brand-owing company and you have included the client contact details (We may request proof of this permission at any time The Festival reserves the right to contact the client, if necessary and the entrant shall notify the client accordingly.
4. The work has been submitted exactly as published/aired/released and must not be modified for the awards entry.
5. The work is not speculative or conceptual advertising, and has not been banned or withdrawn from airing.
6. A senior officer (CD, CEO or Chairman) from your company has given permission for this work to be entered.
7. The work was not entered to the same Spike Award the previous year. (You can enter the work into an alternative Spike Award, provided it meets the eligibility date requirements.)
8. There is no reference to your agency or any contributing creative companies in any digital or physical materials and all supporting case films and materials are correct and final versions (These cannot be changed later)
9. The work, and/or case film can be understood in English. (See the ‘Supporting Materials Guidelines’.)
10. At the point you complete and pay for your entry all media submitted must be the final version. Without exception, no replacement or additional media can be accepted after an entry has been finalised and received by the Festival.
11. If new results are collected after the entry has been paid for, we will only accept additional written information in the results section of the entry form up to 01 September 2017.
12. You understand entries cannot be withdrawn by entrants after 15 August 2017. Please refer to our official statement on ‘Cancellations, refunds and withdrawals’ for information.
13. Entries will be accepted on the basis that:
- They are designed specifically for and to run in the Asia Pacific* region and are created by agencies in the Asia Pacific* region
- They are designed specifically for and to run in the Asia Pacific* region and are created by agencies outside the Asia Pacific* region
- They are designed to run globally as long as they are created by agencies in the Asia Pacific* region.
*For the purpose of Spikes Asia, those countries are: Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, The Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Tasmania, Thailand, Vietnam, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan.
If you're unable to meet all the above requirements, your work may be ineligible for the Spikes Asia 2017 festival. Failure to meet all these requirements could see your entry being disqualified or withdrawn without a refund.